Categories
Quick to Target
Community & Help
Dear Community,
Here you can upload your own photos of your most beautiful scarves and infinity scarves and share your best tips. Have fun!
Knitting loops is a lovely knitting (or crocheting) project for beginners who have some perseverance. You just knit in the round—there are no dreaded wrong side rows.
I’ve knitted many loops. My favorite is a purple one made from very soft cashmere yarn. I’ve been wearing it for years. The color goes well with my silver hair, and it’s incredibly soft.
My most important tip:
Before knitting or crocheting a loop, test the yarn against the bare skin on your neck. If the yarn feels prickly there, it’s not suitable for a loop. That would always bother you—unless you only want to wear the loop OVER your clothes.
Best regards, Ina
P.S. My mannequin is showing you my purple loop along with a hat. I’ve incorporated small seed beads into the hat. And the hat is double-layered. I knitted it twice as long, then tucked one end into the hat and sewed the ends together. That’s why it is double-layered.
Dear Ina, that’s beautiful.
Question: How do you work seed beads into your knitting? You probably have to thread the right amount onto the yarn beforehand—that is, I need to know how far apart I want the beads and how many I’ll need. Although, if there are too many, you can just pull them off the cut yarn after you’re done—right?
Best, Regina
Dear Regina, thank you so much for your praise.
No, you do not have to string the beads beforehand.
At the spot where you want to place a bead, pull the working yarn through the bead with a fine crochet hook (0.5 mm) and then knit the stitch. I have used this technique many times. The technique is wonderfully simple and ingenious. This means you don’t have to string and count the beads beforehand.
Take a look, maybe you can see it more clearly here. The colorful rocailles sit evenly in the lace.
Beaded scarf

Or here: triangular shawl with beaded lace

Best regards, Ina
Dear Ina, thank you—what a solution! I would never have figured that out on my own in a million years ;-). But you’re right, that way the beads sit right on top—I’ll have to remember that well or, hahahaha, write it down :-).
The shawl looks great, too—wow.
Best regards, Regina
This link opens a page that is only available in another language.
Share your ideas, creations, and experiences.
You'll need an account to use these features. You can create an account or log in.
42 prizes / total value €300: 30×€5, 10×€10, 2×€25 – simply activate the newsletter. No purchase necessary. Unsubscribe at any time. Prizes are awarded as Crazypatterns shopping credit. Learn more