Forum Categories
Quick to Target
Browse Categories
Community & Help

What are you cooking today? Part 4.

23235 Posts Recent Started
Monday, April 6, 2026 at 5:44 PM
Dear users, dear authors,
here is Part 4 of the popular thread.
Have fun cooking.

You can read the previous posts via the link.
What are you cooking today? Part 3.

237 Posts Recent Started
Tuesday, April 7, 2026 at 9:20 AM
We’re just having pancakes today; some people also call them Pfannkuchen. Something light for a change—we had plenty of roast meat over the long Easter weekend. 

23235 Posts Recent Started
Sunday, July 5, 2026 at 12:02 PM

Did you cook something nice?


4066 Posts Recent Started
Sunday, July 5, 2026 at 1:36 PM

No, not that, but we had a delicious meal—we went to a Thai restaurant yesterday, and the food was excellent. We had chicken with green curry, beef with bamboo shoots and onions, and shrimp with vegetables, along with rice, of course.


9326 Posts Recent Started
Monday, July 13, 2026 at 5:36 PM

Today we’re having spaghetti with tomato sauce and zucchini. The first zucchini in the garden are ripening and ready to be harvested. 

And a nice, tasty mixed salad on the side


237 Posts Recent Started
Tuesday, July 14, 2026 at 10:54 AM

We just got back home from our 7-day vacation, so we’re not cooking anything—it’s way too hot, despite the thunderstorm this morning. For lunch, just a light snack (a roll), along with some fruit and plenty to drink. 😇 We won’t be cooking again until tomorrow 😉—we haven’t decided what to make yet.


4066 Posts Recent Started
Tuesday, July 14, 2026 at 1:15 PM

I feel the same way—it’s way too hot for hot food, so I’ve been alternating between salads and open-faced sandwiches.


6129 Posts Recent Started
Tuesday, July 14, 2026 at 1:37 PM

In the summer, I often make potato salad that lasts for 3 days. I add lots of fresh herbs from my garden, like chives and dill. For a fresh touch, I add 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and sweet-and-sour gherkins with their brine. It tastes wonderful, and we can easily enjoy it for lunch even when it’s hot—along with a bratwurst or a fried egg. Who wants to cook in the summer anyway?

Best regards, Ina


23235 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, August 19, 2026 at 12:12 PM

Has it cooled down enough to cook?


9326 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, August 19, 2026 at 4:32 PM

It’s hot again. I won’t be cooking anything else today.

But I’m working on a new recipe for breadsticks. I’ll be baking those today. 

I’ll serve them with raw vegetables and a salad. I’ve also already chilled a delicious rosé. 


23235 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 10:44 AM

Did your cooking turn out well?


5182 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 11:10 AM

We had pancakes yesterday, and I always make more than we can eat, because the next day we have our beloved pancake soup.😁👍

Best regards, Inge


6129 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 12:56 PM

Dear Inge, 

if by “Pfannkuchen” you mean potato pancakes, we have those quite often too. But I’ve never heard that you can make Pfannkuchensuppe out of the leftovers. Would you be so kind as to briefly write down how you make it?

Thank you very much and best regards—Ina


8 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 2:00 PM

Hi Ina,

Pfannkuchen are what we call Eierkuchen. Today
we had spaetzle with pumpkin in coconut curry sauce. Best regards


6129 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 2:26 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info, Metime. So Inge will be serving pancake soup tomorrow :-)

Best regards, Ina


4066 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 2:31 PM

Maybe “Flädle soup” rings a bell :-)


5182 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 2:52 PM

Ina, here in Unterfanken, potato pancakes are called “Dätscher,” and “Eierkuchen” are simply “Pfannkuchen” (pancakes). The next day, these pancakes are cut into thin, short strips—these “Flädle”—and then added to a vegetable soup instead of noodles or rice.

“Dätscher” = because they’re flattened with the spatula—*gedätsch*—to become crispy potato pancakes. :-)

Best, Inge


6 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 4:25 PM

Since it’s nice and warm today, my urge to cook decided that we’re having wraps with tuna dip, hard-boiled eggs, and plenty of salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce from the garden).

For dessert, we’ll have Stippmilch with homemade plum compote

By the way, I’m just realizing that I’m already getting pretty hungry 😆


6129 Posts Recent Started
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 at 5:49 PM

Even here in the “cooking forum,” you’re always learning something new … and it makes you hungry right away. Thank you very much for the explanation about pancakes, Eierkuchen, and Flädle. It all sounds delicious.

Best, Ina


237 Posts Recent Started
Thursday, October 1, 2026 at 11:01 AM

I made XXL burgers yesterday—everything homemade except for the buns. Since they were really huge, I’m having the leftovers today😉. That means I don’t have much cooking to do 😇 and can focus on my crafts.

Yes, here in Baden-Württemberg, “Flädle” soup is also well known. Many people make the pancakes sweet, but I don’t—I just serve them with a sweet side dish: chocolate spread, jam, applesauce, plum compote, or whatever I happen to have on hand. And if the pancakes are “plain,” they work great in Flädle soup, too. 😉


30 Posts Recent Started
Thursday, October 1, 2026 at 12:12 PM

My husband is making me a delicious bean stew today 


8 Posts Recent Started
Today at 11:27 AM

Hello,

Our Sunday dinner today is kale with potatoes and Bregenwurst.

Have a sunny day! Best regards,

metime


Write Reply

Please register or Log in!

Latest comments

21 actual comments last by Metime
2 actual comments last by a-mano
31 actual comments last by veronika-t15
24 actual comments last by hans-weber1
13 actual comments last by hans-weber1
6 actual comments last by WollwunderPetra
1 actual comment last by Moderator
5 actual comments last by rusalki01

Currently popular

24 actual comments last by hans-weber1
31 actual comments last by veronika-t15
Show all

Popular patterns

Top patterns from elealindadesign from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from Natalija from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from KuemaTutorials from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from smartstitches_diy from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from Poppy-Design from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from elke-eder from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from SomethinksDesign from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from kleinesundfeinesCH from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from elke-eder from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from Melknits from the Knitting category!
Top patterns from patternsbysteph from the Crochet category!
Top patterns from _petitbonnet_ from the Crochet category!
More top patterns

Free patterns

Top patterns from MorbenDesign from the category!
Top patterns from MorbenDesign from the category!
Top patterns from jennysideenreich from the category!
Top patterns from MorbenDesign from the category!
Top patterns from MorbenDesign from the category!
Top patterns from MyCuties_Design from the category!
Top patterns from Hobbii from the category!
Top patterns from Hobbii from the category!
Top patterns from Miralay from the category!
Top patterns from MorbenDesign from the category!
Top patterns from Hobbii from the category!
Top patterns from MorbenDesign from the category!
Top patterns from KleinesFeines from the category!
Top patterns from Dianas-kleiner-Haekelshop from the category!
Top patterns from Hobbii from the category!
Top patterns from MorbenDesign from the category!
Top patterns from DIY-4U from the category!
Top patterns from moonlighthook from the category!
Top patterns from ternuraamigurumi from the category!
Top patterns from KuemaTutorials from the category!
Top patterns from Hobbii from the category!
Top patterns from christina-lemberger from the category!
Top patterns from ternuraamigurumi from the category!
Top patterns from PeterSlivkasWorld from the category!
More free patterns

Win shopping credit every month!

42 prizes / total value €300: 30×€5, 10×€10, 2×€25 – simply activate the newsletter. No purchase necessary. Unsubscribe at any time. Prizes are awarded as Crazypatterns shopping credit. Learn more