English | US $ (USD) Log in
Create new post
Friday, April 3, 2020 at 6:48 AM
Having a problem.... I ordered 2 patterns and after download I saw that it needs to be printed on A4 paper.
Living in Canada makes that a little bit difficult, our standard paper size is LETTER, it is shorter than A4.... If I would have known that I would not have ordered these patterns, there is NOWHERE any indication about the required size of paper. I know that there will be parts missing, sometimes I am getting mail from Europe, the print is not complete, in case it's not 'fitted' on the page. And FIT TO PAGE would mess everything up when printing a pattern. Any idea? I am quite upset about that discovery.

Friday, April 3, 2020 at 6:59 AM
additional, at the moment there is NO WAY I can get locally A4 paper (I checked, it is nowhere in stock) even I would be willing to buy a 500 sheet pack. We are in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. I am very upset about  that. Will warn others not to buy from this website

Friday, April 3, 2020 at 10:17 AM
Hello SewMuchFun,
please talk to the author(-s) of said patterns. Maybe there is something that can be done.
All the best for you.
Josefa | Mod bei crazypatterns.net
Du suchst Anleitungs-Highlights? - Dann klicke gleich hier rein und entdecke Schönes & Neues. Viel Vergnügen beim Lesen & Stöbern auf Crazypatterns.

Friday, April 3, 2020 at 10:59 PM
Thanks, I am trying to get some LEGAL-size paper, which is longer and wider than A4, and then cut every single page to size. *sigh*. All our businesses who don't care "essentials", are either completely closed or run on very limited hours with only 'curbside' pickup and CreditCard payments... I won't contact the  author of these patterns, it would be good if CRAZYPETTERNS.NET would ask them to make a highly visible note on their products, that their patterns are only printable in A4. It is not beneficial for your website, I just joined to get some patterns, so I did not have time enough to dig through everything that might be interesting for me. Thanks again for your reply.

Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 11:19 AM
Hello SewMuchFun,

I understand your frustration.

I am an author here as well and to be honest, I don't think many of us have really considered a different size for our pages since A4 is just such a common standard here in Europe where most of us are located.

Since you are really having such a hard time, perhaps it would indeed be a good idea to contact the author of your pattern - who knows, they might have a way to format the PDF with the size you need or help you in some other way.
Please don't give up. I'm sure there will be a way.

All the best in this trying time!
Stefanie 

Mehr Anleitungen für niedliche Amigurumis und kleine Geschenke findet ihr in meinem Shop:
Schaut doch gleich mal vorbei. Ich freue mich auf euren Besuch!
---------
For more cute amigurumis and useful little gifts visit my shop:
Come on in. I'm looking forward to meeting you there!

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 3:22 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know how I solved my problem. Maybe there are more people on other continents, who have run into the A4-paper-issue when buying pdf-patterns from European websites:
I contacted a local print shop, they had of course no A4 paper. BUT: I asked them to sell me a full ream (500 sheets) of the here common LETTER size printer paper, and cut it for me to size A4. Very quick and inexpensive, it cost me fust a few dollars for cutting it. LETTER size is just slightly wider and longer than A4, and a bit more expensive, but since I have now 500 sheets A4 paper, I might buy more sewing patterns from here.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 3:28 AM
sorry, I goofed up:  LEGAL size!!!!!!  ...is longer and wider than A4. (not LETTER=shorter than A4)

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 1:01 PM
great :-)
Josefa | Mod bei crazypatterns.net
Du suchst Anleitungs-Highlights? - Dann klicke gleich hier rein und entdecke Schönes & Neues. Viel Vergnügen beim Lesen & Stöbern auf Crazypatterns.

Write Reply

Please register or Log in!

Search in forum

Active threads

how to crochet a dragon
2 replies last by Moderator
Oct 29, 2023, 10:54 PM
Fredbarry gorilla "Kong"
1 reply last by Moderator
Oct 19, 2023, 3:03 PM
new weekend-projects: shop now
1 reply last by a-mano